Grand Rapids Divorce and Bankruptcy Attorney | Divorce and Bankruptcy Lawyer
GRAND RAPIDS BANKRUPTCY AND DIVORCE ATTORNEY
When you are facing financial and marital problems and have questions about your bankruptcy and divorce optionsin the Grand Rapids area, it is important to have the representation of a good bankruptcy and divorce attorney. Krupp Law Offices P.C. has been providing quality bankruptcy and divorce representation for over 85 years. If you are facing financial and marital problems or have questions about bankruptcy and divorce, call the attorneys at Krupp Law Offices P.C. for a free phone consultation. During your phone consultation, our attorneys will provide you with immediate answers to your questions and schedule an appointment with one of our bankruptcy attorneys.
CALL FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION AT 616-459-6636.
BANKRUPTCY AND DIVORCE IN MICHIGAN
Unfortunately, divorce and bankruptcy issues sometimes arise together. Together, husband and wife are barely making ends meet. When they are apart, neither the husband nor wife can pay all the bills.
It is important to recognize the situation early on in the divorce process. Often times parties to a divorce spend a lot of time and money on litigating who will pay what bills.
By recognizing the bankruptcy situation early in the process, it can make the divorce easier.If both or one party files bankruptcy, there are little or no debts to fight about.This makes the divorce easier in the long run.
In the event the divorce judgment allocates the payment of joint debts, those debts are nondischargable to the extent that it affects the former spouse.For example, if there is a joint credit card debt allocated to be paid by the husband in the divorce judgment and he files bankruptcy, then he cannot discharge that debt.Even if one or more debts are nondischargable, it still maybe advantageous to file bankruptcy for that spouse if he has substantial other debts that are not joint.
Additionally, child support and spousal support are non dischargeable in bankruptcy period.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE AND BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY
If you are facing financial problems and a divorce, a good attorney that practices in both areas is not optional, it is a requirement! Our bankruptcy and divorce attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right bankruptcy and divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress during difficult financial times. Our bankruptcy and divorce attorneys have over 85 years of bankruptcy experience. We can provide you with excellent bankruptcy representation.
Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right bankruptcy and divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all bankruptcy matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Newaygo, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ionia.
Our office can help.
OTHER DIVORCE TOPICS
- DIVORCE V ANNULMENT - Comparing Divorce and Annulment Process in Michigan.
- DIVORCE PREPARATION - What to do before you file.
- SEPARATION - What happens if I separate and don't file for divorce?
- FAULT DIVORCE - What is the difference between fault and no fault divorce?
- PATERNITY - How do I establish paternity and start support and custody?
- DIVORCE AND BANKRUPTCY - How does one effect the other?
- DIVORCE AND POST JUDGMENT MOTIONS - How do I modify my divorce judgment?
- DIVORCE AND ALIMONY (SPOSUAL SUPPORT) - How is spousal support determined?
- DIVORCE AND SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS - Is Social Security a marital asset?
- DIVORCE PROCESS - What is the divorce process?
- UNCONTESTED DIVORCE - What is an uncontested divorce compared with a contested divorce?
- DIVORCE AND RETIREMENT BENEFITS - What happens to retirement benefits?
- DIVORCE PROPERTY SETTLEMENT - How do we split up our assets and debts?
- DIVORCE MEDIATION - What is divorce mediation? How does it work?
- DIVORCE ARBITRATION - What is arbitration compared with mediation?
- DIVORCE AND MEDICAL DEGREES - How does a medical degree get divided in a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND BUSINESS INTERESTS - How do we divide a business?
- DIVORCE - PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- DIVORCE WAITING PERIOD - Is there a waiting period to get a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND PARENTING TIME - How is parenting time determined?
- MILITARY DIVORCE - How do I get a divorce if me or my spouse are in the military?
- DIVORCE AND RESTRAINING ORDERS - How do I get a Restraining Order?
- DIVORCE AND CHILD CUSTODY - How does the court determine custody?
- DIVORCE AND CHANGE IN DOMICILE - Do I need the courts permission to move?
- DIVPRCE - ISLAMIC
ASK A GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEY A QUESTION
Christian KruppCEO & Founder
Christian G Krupp II was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Chris attended Michigan State University and graduated in 1988.He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he was a member of law review and one of the few students that had his law review article published.Christian Krupp graduated from law school with honors in the top ten percent of his class.His legal career started and Dykema Gossett, Michigan’s largest law firm.While at Dykema, he was involved in a diverse practice groups including the corporate, finance, and legislative areas.
George KruppCreative Director
George Krupp was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.He was admitted to practice law in 1961 and started practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1962 in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office.After years of success in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, George Krupp left for private practice where he has worked for over fifty years.Over his fifty years of experience he has represented thousands of clients in civil and criminal cases.His primary concentration has been in domestic (family law / divorce cases) and criminal cases.