Grand Rapids Prenuptial Attorney | Prenuptial Agreement in Grand Rapids Michigan
GRAND RAPIDS PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS- DIVORCE ATTORNEY
When you are facing questions about a prenuptial agreement in the Grand Rapids area, it is important to have the representation of a good prenuptial agreement attorney. Krupp Law Offices P.C. has been providing quality divorce representation for over 85 years. If you have questions about a prenuptial agreement or have questions about divorce, call the divorce attorneys at Krupp Law Offices P.C. for a free phone consultation. During your phone consultation, our attorneys will provide you with immediate answers to your questions and schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.
CALL FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION AT 616-459-6636
PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS IN MICHIGAN
Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are valid in the state of Michigan. The agreements are valid and enforceable provided that the agreement passes a three-point test.
First, the agreement must not be obtained through fraud, duress, or mistake, or misrepresentation or nondisclosure of material fact.
Second, the agreement must not be unconscionable (absolutely unfair) when executed.
Third, the facts and circumstances must not have changed since the agreement was executed so as to make the enforcement of the agreement unfair and unreasonable.
If a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement does not violate any of these three requirements it will be valid and enforceable in the state of Michigan. There are number of reasons why parties choose to enter into a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. These agreements can simplify the dissolution of relationship in the event of divorce or provide for the distribution of property between a second wife and children from a previous marriage.
Prenuptial agreements are most common in relationships involving a second marriage or in relationships where one party has a disproportionate amount of assets prior to entering into marriage.
Drafting of prenuptial agreement can be extremely complex. If a person believes that a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement may be needed, than you should contact and experienced divorce lawyer well in advance of your marriage date so that you can discuss the necessity of agreement as well as the content and cost of the agreement.
GRAND RAPIDS PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT AND DIVORCE ATTORNEYS
If you need a prenuptial agreement or are facing a divorce, a good divorce attorney is not optional, it is a requirement! Our divorce attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. Our Attorneys have over 85 years of divorce experience.
Our attorneys have extensive divorce trial experience including property settlements, spousal support, alimony, child custody, and other serious divorce related issues. Typical fees to retain attorney for a divorce case can range and from 1,500 dollars to as high as 5000 dollars.
Typical fees to draft or review a prenuptial agreement start 1000.00, but can be more depending on complexity. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce or prenuptial agreements.
Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all divorce matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Newaygo, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ionia.
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE INFORMATION:
- DIVORCE V ANNULMENT - Comparing Divorce and Annulment Process in Michigan.
- DIVORCE PREPARATION - What to do before you file.
- SEPARATION - What happens if I separate and don't file for divorce?
- FAULT DIVORCE - What is the difference between fault and no fault divorce?
- PATERNITY - How do I establish paternity and start support and custody?
- DIVORCE AND BANKRUPTCY - How does one effect the other?
- DIVORCE AND POST JUDGMENT MOTIONS - How do I modify my divorce judgment?
- DIVORCE AND ALIMONY (SPOSUAL SUPPORT) - How is spousal support determined?
- DIVORCE AND SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS - Is Social Security a marital asset?
- DIVORCE PROCESS - What is the divorce process?
- UNCONTESTED DIVORCE - What is an uncontested divorce compared with a contested divorce?
- DIVORCE AND RETIREMENT BENEFITS - What happens to retirement benefits?
- DIVORCE PROPERTY SETTLEMENT - How do we split up our assets and debts?
- DIVORCE MEDIATION - What is divorce mediation? How does it work?
- DIVORCE ARBITRATION - What is arbitration compared with mediation?
- DIVORCE AND MEDICAL DEGREES - How does a medical degree get divided in a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND BUSINESS INTERESTS - How do we divide a business?
- DIVORCE - PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- DIVORCE WAITING PERIOD - Is there a waiting period to get a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND PARENTING TIME - How is parenting time determined?
- MILITARY DIVORCE - How do I get a divorce if me or my spouse are in the military?
- DIVORCE AND RESTRAINING ORDERS - How do I get a Restraining Order?
- DIVORCE AND CHILD CUSTODY - How does the court determine custody?
- DIVORCE AND CHANGE IN DOMICILE - Do I need the courts permission to move?
- DIVPRCE - ISLAMIC
ASK A GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEY A QUESTION
Christian KruppCEO & Founder
Christian G Krupp II was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Chris attended Michigan State University and graduated in 1988.He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he was a member of law review and one of the few students that had his law review article published.Christian Krupp graduated from law school with honors in the top ten percent of his class.His legal career started and Dykema Gossett, Michigan’s largest law firm.While at Dykema, he was involved in a diverse practice groups including the corporate, finance, and legislative areas.After leaving Dykema, Christian Krupp joined the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office.
George KruppCreative Director
George Krupp was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.He was admitted to practice law in 1961 and started practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1962 in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office.After years of success in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, George Krupp left for private practice where he has worked for over fifty years.Over his fifty years of experience he has represented thousands of clients in civil and criminal cases.His primary concentration has been in domestic (family law / divorce cases) and criminal cases.