Divorce Waiting Period | Grand Rapids Divorce Attorney
DIVORCE WAITING PERIODS - GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN DIVORCE ATTORNEY
The Grand Rapids Divorce Attorneys at Krupp Law Offices P.C. can answer your questions about divorce waiting periods. If you are facing a divorce, a good divorce attorney is a requirement! Our divorce attorneys can answer your questions with honest advice. Having the right divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress when facing a divorce. Our divorce attorneys have over 95 years of experience. Our attorneys have extensive divorce trial experience. Divorce fees to retain attorney for a divorce case can range and from 1,000 dollars to as high as 10,000 dollars. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced divorce attorney from Krupp law Offices PC.
CALL FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION AT 616-459-6636
MICHIGAN DIVORCE WAITING PERIOD
In Michigan there are two different waiting period from the time a divorce is filed to the earliest it can be finalized. If you are getting a divorce and have no minor children, the waiting period is 2 months. If you are getting a divorce and have minor children, the waiting period is 6 months. the 6 months can be shortened to two months by showing the court there is a good reason (like someone being deployed in the military).
In order to shorten the waiting period everyone has to be in agreement on the final terms of a divorce. A motion is filed with the court to shorten the waiting period. It is in the judge's discretion to shorten the waiting period.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEYS
If you are facing a divorce, a good divorce attorney is not optional, it is a requirement! Our divorce attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. Our attorneys have over 85 years of divorce experience. Our attorneys have extensive divorce trial experience including property settlements, spousal support, alimony, child custody, and other serious divorce related issues.
Typical fees to retain attorney for a divorce case can range and from 1,500 dollars to as high as 5,000 dollars. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce.
Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all divorce matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Caledonia, Byron Center, Ada, Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Allegan, Kent, Ottawa, Montcalm, Barry, Newaygo, and Ionia.
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE INFORMATION:
- DIVORCE V ANNULMENT - Comparing Divorce and Annulment Process in Michigan.
- DIVORCE PREPARATION - What to do before you file.
- SEPARATION - What happens if I separate and don't file for divorce?
- FAULT DIVORCE - What is the difference between fault and no fault divorce?
- PATERNITY - How do I establish paternity and start support and custody?
- DIVORCE AND BANKRUPTCY - How does one effect the other?
- DIVORCE AND POST JUDGMENT MOTIONS - How do I modify my divorce judgment?
- DIVORCE AND ALIMONY (SPOSUAL SUPPORT) - How is spousal support determined?
- DIVORCE AND SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS - Is Social Security a marital asset?
- DIVORCE PROCESS - What is the divorce process?
- UNCONTESTED DIVORCE - What is an uncontested divorce compared with a contested divorce?
- DIVORCE AND RETIREMENT BENEFITS - What happens to retirement benefits?
- DIVORCE PROPERTY SETTLEMENT - How do we split up our assets and debts?
- DIVORCE MEDIATION - What is divorce mediation? How does it work?
- DIVORCE ARBITRATION - What is arbitration compared with mediation?
- DIVORCE AND MEDICAL DEGREES - How does a medical degree get divided in a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND BUSINESS INTERESTS - How do we divide a business?
- DIVORCE - PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- DIVORCE WAITING PERIOD - Is there a waiting period to get a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND PARENTING TIME - How is parenting time determined?
- MILITARY DIVORCE - How do I get a divorce if me or my spouse are in the military?
- DIVORCE AND RESTRAINING ORDERS - How do I get a Restraining Order?
- DIVORCE AND CHILD CUSTODY - How does the court determine custody?
- DIVORCE AND CHANGE IN DOMICILE - Do I need the courts permission to move?
- DIVPRCE - ISLAMIC
ASK A GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEY A QUESTION
Christian KruppCEO & Founder
Christian G Krupp II was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Chris attended Michigan State University and graduated in 1988.He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he was a member of law review and one of the few students that had his law review article published.Christian Krupp graduated from law school with honors in the top ten percent of his class.His legal career started and Dykema Gossett, Michigan’s largest law firm.While at Dykema, he was involved in a diverse practice groups including the corporate, finance, and legislative areas.After leaving Dykema, Christian Krupp joined the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office.
George KruppCreative Director
George Krupp was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.He was admitted to practice law in 1961 and started practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1962 in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office.After years of success in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, George Krupp left for private practice where he has worked for over fifty years.Over his fifty years of experience he has represented thousands of clients in civil and criminal cases.His primary concentration has been in domestic (family law / divorce cases) and criminal cases.